Alec would say so many other things were his favorite part of camp, but this was mine. Dave Rose is the men's head basketball coach for BYU, and as he stood on the side of the court, boys rushing by to get their free basketball, Alec walked up to him and shook his hand and told him thank you. Folks, I'm keepin' him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
That brought tears to my eyes. He has always been that way...full of gratitude, kindness, and perspective. Hats off to you for being the kind of mom who raises the kind of son who will be a great man himself someday. Remember when you taught him that at the stoplight before your house, that was the time to thank whomever was driving him home? Now at basketball camp, you see the payoff. Because you rose to the occasion in every way as a mom, he now rises to the occasion in every way all the time. You can try to keep him but I may steal him.
What a fine young man! And the stoplight cue is pure brilliance! Totally fabulous parenting on your part!
Corb, now I'm the one crying...I can't believe your remember that!
I don't think I've risen to the occasion every time as a mom, however I do have three boys who I want to become great men so I am trying! Alec was fortunately sent here to teach me! Thank you for your way too kind words.
Dangit, I love you!
ok - I can't believe you remember that - not your! Sorry Corbie!
Oh, and I happen to know dang well that it IS you who loses wedding rings like a 1st grader loses teeth. But, yes, you do deserve another one - you should get to have one free loss for each child which means you can even drop one more down the drain before you are out of luck. And if you keep raising boys who thank their basketball coach before running for the free giveaways, then I say you deserve to go ahead and lose them to your heart's content. And I know you well enough to know that, once you lost that first one - you know, THE ONE! - then your heart just wasn't the same and you couldn't be expected to keep track of small expensive stones cased in metal.
Will you tell Tristan that because she thinks that I should be shopping for a ring in a vending machine or Wal Mart! I should mention I was pregnant with THE ONE and was losing my mind anyway...the second one (no diamond, aquamarine but my fav.) I lost helping someone in a flood...I think...and the third was stolen...again, I think...in my hotel room in Cedar City when I left it on the bed after taking it off to lather sunscreen on Luke. I know, I know, I am an idiot!
Ok Tristan's right, I'll check QVC.
Hey Robyn, I think you should keep him, and if things don't work out between Ellie and Cale like I am planning, then he can definately be next in line. Thanks for looking at my blog. I have been secretly looking at your darling (doesn't really fit - beautiful) family for months now. -Marti
Post a Comment