July 10, 2008

Week of Discoveries...

Last week we made it back up to the cabin, along with the Oakley Rodeo, a shopping trip to Park City, and Rockport Lake. This is what I discovered along the way...

Kimmy's PREGNANT! (Her youngest and only is almost 17)...

An animal loving two year old will sit through a two and a half hour rodeo, love it and talk about tying up cows "dis fast" for days after (with a little help from cotton candy and sno-cones)...



Nutella is divine and anyone who says different is crazy...



My mother and father in law are "rock star's" - everyone loves them and wants to be like them! (no really, they are the most loved people I know, and if I am anything like them, I will have succeeded at something)...
























When the Johnson's make it a lake day, plan for rain even if the weather calls for sunny clear skies...we still had fun just couldn't really play IN the lake and then we had to make a mad dash out of there!...



If a 6 year old 'accidentally' forgets her suitcase, she will get an all expense paid shopping trip to Park City that includes outfits, shoes, swimming suit, pajamas, jewelry, and hair accessories (because of course you need these at a cabin)!
We had a great week. I never knew guitar hero competitions, and a ping pong tournament could be so exciting! I now believe Jeremy's family is MORE competitive than mine (and that is a pretty bold statement)! And we can't stop giggling about the fact that Dan and Kim are having a baby! They are so excited to make another round at this parenting thing, and no one deserves more happiness than them!

6 comments:

The Eerkes' said...

So...I'm sure, dear Robbie, that you have another picture of me that isn't so 'cute'! Thanks for your support in all of this and all of everything along the way. We love you guys!

tristanjh said...

Savvy dresses better than me and Ryan's ipod is way cooler than mine...clearly I was born in to the wrong family!

Robyn said...

Ok Kimmy is that better, I stole that picture from your blog...did I mention that when we were at Rascal Flatts I sang in Gary's microphone??!! I totally thought that other picture was so cute and your face was perfect with finding out you were pregnant, but I am totally willing to change! I really couldn't find a recent one that you were looking at the camera...sorry!

Tristan, Savvy is so lucky to have two aunts who are more like mom's, and a fabulous Mimi who are all superb shoppers and just so happen to love buying little girl stuff! Because of that, she is a much better dresser than me too!

tristanjh said...

My kids have a fairy-grandmother too! I rarely buy my kids clothes because she just picks up things whenever she is out shoping...They already have 5 outfits each, socks and underwear for school! In this respect, I am very lucky to have been born into my family! I still want a new ipod, though :)

Corbie said...

Okay, it is late and I have work to do but I ventured over to your blog and decided I'd answer whatever the quote of the day was (I was anticipating putting in a plug for some new jewelry for you like the last question I answered). Instead, of course there is a question from the political science arena and, of course I have to answer it. So, 'yes' it is indeed better that ten guilty men walk free than that one innocent one is convicted. This was originally said by William Blackstone, a lawyer in England. His riginal words were, "It is better that ten guilty escape than one innocent suffer" but it has since been changed to the more catchy version you have here. Many people have actually debated whether the number is an accurate representation of justice. Meaning, what if the quote said 100,000 or 10 million? Is the answer still yes? I have always been fascinated by this concept. Not whether 10 guilty should go free so that one innocent isn't convicted (most people will answer 'yes' to this because it has become so commonplace in our justice system to think this way). But essentially, what is your personal threshold as to how many guilty people should go free in exchange for no innocent man being wrongly convicted. In other words, not whether the statement is true in theory but in practice, what number should apply? Given the same crimes (no rapists go free so that a petty thief isn't convicted and vice versa), what is your threshold my dear Robyn? I believe mine to be around 100 - I would rather 100 guilty men go free than one wrongly convicted. Anything more than that and I am going to expect the innocent guy to suck it up...any less and I think our system is too flawed.

Perhaps I will float my numeric question on my blog and see what people think.

Corbie said...

Yeah, I thought about floating my numeric question on my blog...you know, something intelligent like you have done here, just to mix things up a bit. Instead, a posting about 'bunnies' that has no chance of being viewed as intellectual. Well, at least I thought about it, right? Hats off to you for actually doing it!