Saturday was picture perfect for a State Cup tournament. The most gorgeous fields down in Orem, the weather was a gift we hadn't received in years it seems, surrounded by good friends and family in the parents box, (which could be bad for the wallet if we strayed), and the top notch soccer players we were there to watch. As one of our young men put a goal in from almost half field on a free kick, our mouths hung open. We've seen him do it before. It's a talent he's been given. Perfect aim, just enough lift to be out of reach for the goalie, then soar down right as it touched the back of the net. Unbelievable.After that shot, one mom mentioned the Reflections Contest this year is titled 'Beauty is...'


I know to some it may sound so absurd that beauty to me can be found on a soccer field. Maybe one would describe it as intense, exciting, scary, fast, passionate, boring, frustrating, confusing or just somewhere they have to be.
It is beauty.


I know to some it may sound so absurd that beauty to me can be found on a soccer field. Maybe one would describe it as intense, exciting, scary, fast, passionate, boring, frustrating, confusing or just somewhere they have to be.I think it's beautiful.
When a through ball to the corner is placed ever so perfectly, when a header is knocked in from an excellent corner kick, when a keeper jumps up to punch a goal with such power as if to say 'not today', when a defender times the seamless slide tackle (leaving a forward frustrated out of their mind), when the textbook 'give and go' results in a point for my team, or when two young boys jump into each others arms because the two of them, together, just whipped up something magical with their feet.
It is beauty. A few weeks ago, I went to a game of Carters, stressed beyond measure. I probably needed to be 20 other places right then. But there was NO WHERE I would have rather been. As I sat there, something inside me switched. Stress turned to joy, and for a brief hour, things were beautiful again. Beauty is watching your children. Watching them play, dance, sing, run, jump, fall, cry, laugh, smile, frown, sleep, succeed, fail, and grow.
Watching our children in every moment, can be just what the doctor ordered.


Good Luck to our USA Rebels tonight, as they compete in the quarter final match of the Utah State Cup.
It's going to be hard, cold, wet and beautiful.












4 comments:
I think beauty is that picture of you and Jeremy - man you look hot! Good luck tonight!!!
Well put Robyn...And I hear Five Guys is good would you agree? I still haven't tried it. I also heard JCW was good...NASTY. I aso heard Chadders was good...OK, so is Five Guys really good? Let me know... Congrats to your family for playing so hard!
Yes yes yes!
Wait, first have to say Luke melts my heart...he is so dang cute. and Mace was so happy to see him last week!
Second of all, your pics made me so happy...I agree with you about BEAUTY...it is everywhere.We can find it in all things...you have a gift for that!
I will miss you and promise me we will play soon! thanks for the text! love ya! xoxo
Corb - beauty is a friend who can write like you do.:) They lost.:(
Michelle - I'm not a huge burger lady and it was a little BIG for me, but I finished the entire thing. Jeremy thought I was going to throw up.
My sister, who doesn't eat them at all...loves it! I think you should go for it!
Tawny - I think you'll be finding some beauty on a beach somewhere, or in a stadium somewhere...
wish I were finding that kind of beauty!!!!!!!
miss you too.
Post a Comment