October 27, 2009

the twins born 6 years apart...






Carter and Luke have always looked the most alike in our family. I don't know if that has anything to do with the extra special bond between the two of them. When I look at their baby pictures, sometimes I can't tell who it is. When Luke sees a picture of Carter when he was 3 or 4 he thinks it is himself. I decided I better write on the back of them, to make sure I remember who was who! Luke often refers to Carter as his best buddy. He always wants to play catch, play outside, kick a ball around with his best buddy. And almost always, Cart will stop what he is doing, no matter what it is, to make Luke happy.
Carter was born on October 15th and six years later Luke was born on October 21st. This year we celebrated Carter's real birthday with my Dad (it was his birthday first) and all went out to dinner. Then we had a birthday party for both of them the Sunday between their birthday's with Jer's family.
Yes, there was a theme.


I love this picture with his little ear bent down.


It's not a party for Carter unless lemon cupcakes are included!



We ended up outside playing with the cutest little baby Maddy,

And putting up last years Christmas present. It turned into this years birthday presents.

Lukie's b-day party to come...

5 comments:

Corbie said...

All that blue kind of makes me feel blue...

Love the pics, and the twins.

tawny said...

oh my, you know my love for Lukie!

He is so beautiful, yes beautiful...

his big blue eyes, sweet smile...

Mace loves his cousin sooo much!

And I have ALWAYS told you the second he came out that he was Carter's twin...

Happy Birthday boys! so sweet xoxo

oh and love the hoop! yay!!!

Robyn said...

Corbie, you feel blue because you know my heart hurts from the game Saturday. Thank you.

Tawny, You have to say that about your nephew! My twins are probably a little easier than yours.:)
Welcome Home.

Kevin and Jeni said...

Happy b-day to your super cute boys! I love the pictures of them.

Have fun at the carnival, we'll miss you too:) Good luck with the hay rides, that sounds awesome!

PS I can't wait to see your mad driveway b-ball skills! don't take out any of the neighbors!!

tristanjh said...

I love lemon cupcakes too! Happy Birthday, Carter!