August 31, 2009

a temple in our midst...

The Temple being built right down the street has changed me. Hopefully, I will always remember the feeling I had when it was announced, while it was being built, when the statue of Moroni was being raised up, as I drive by daily, when I worked there, while I walked through it, and when it was dedicated. All of which, made my life better. Working there.... What a special surprise to see my sweet Julia sitting in the relief society room as I walked into the devotional before hand. We had no idea the other would be there, but we were so thankful!

Walking through.... The kids LOVED it. The 'star' theme was our favorite. Savvy's room is full of stars, so it was especially special to her. It was fun for us to look for the wood that is in the boys rooms downstairs. We found it in the Celestial Room and the doorway going into the Baptistery. Alec and Carter have some left over wood from this Temple in their new rooms, so we like to say we have a little of the Temple in our home. My best day so far... Alec received his patriarchal blessing the Wednesday before the Temple Dedication. Honestly, my best day. I never imagined a feeling so special. Another one of those moments, you 'get' what your parents have felt. Driving by.... We were a little early for Alec's blessing, and the Patriarch lives doors away from the Temple, so we drove into the parking lot. We saw this choir, and rolled down our windows to hear. 'How Great Thou Art' was the song being rehearsed for the Dedication. It was very moving, and we just sat there and listened.

The Dedication... We actually got to watch the Dedication inside the Temple. I felt so blessed to be inside myself, but to have my boys there, was even better. It's a good place to be.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

What great experiences for you and your whole family! Everyone looks great!

tawny said...

ahhhhhh I loved this sweet post. I have the chills! I loved the pics of you and the fam at the temple. That's what is all about in the end huh?! Family and love...definitely what the Johnson Family embraces!! I love you girl!

p.s so proud of Alec too, what a great kid! and so lucky to have the temple so close to you!!

xoxo

tristanjh said...

I just got the chills too! Thank you for sharing :)

Nancy said...

Robyn what a sweet post, your family is darling and it's nice they look like they actually wanted to be there...not so much the case with my monkeys.

You have a darling family, I can't believe how big (and TALL) they are getting. You guys looks great in the last pic, you are just missing a couple young 'uns!

Becky said...

When we went through the Temple I said to Judd wouldn't it be wonderful to live in a neighborhood with the Temple. What a beautiful area.

You truly are blessed. What an amazing blessing. Cute Family!

Natalie said...

It has been an amazing year. Two temple dedications. I hope the kids only realize the special experiences they have had and that this doesn't happen hardly ever. We are lucky to live here. I love the post and your famiy is too cute.