October 31, 2008

Will the real Danny Zuko stand up???


This would have been the best costume if we could have belted out 'Summer Nights' or 'You Better Shape Up'. Jeremy sounds exactly like John Travolta, unfortunately, when I sing I sound like I am half man/half hyena. It's bad. I'm sure Jeremy is sick of me ruining everything.

I am bringing back 'Question of the Day', I really need to know what you think about my 18 year old trick or treating! (He really is only 12) Should this be his last year? When did you stop accepting candy from strangers? Does it bother you when 18 year olds come to your door begging for your goods? He really is a nice, polite 18 year old, does that make a difference?

Let me know what you think and have a safe, chocolate filled HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

11 comments:

Corbie said...

What! Did I actually just read that you may have Alec retire from trick-or-treating? NO! First off, in general, I don't care if they come to my door until they are ready for college - at least they aren't smoking dope or making babies!

And, as for Alec in particular - that kid is so perfect, so appreciative, so respectful - he earns himself an extra couple of years after his mission as far as I am concerned! Send him to my house so I can kiss his sweet little cheeks and fill up his treat bag.

You guys look adorable - and if Jer is sick of anything, it's probably that his wife is so hot and all the guys check her out.

Robyn said...

Corb - Are you being serious? He for sure wishes you were his mom now!
I don't care that teenagers come to my door either, as long as they say thank you. Otherwise I want to throw my fake pumpkins at their heads!
I can't remember when my mom and dad made me stop, or if they even did, so good to hear someone else say bring on the teen's!
I know what you mean about the sewing on those costumes! The belly shirt was totally hot, and the sleeves would have fit Savvy!

Corbie said...

Your mom and dad never made you stop - we did what we wanted until the police finally curbed our behaviors (I kid, of course, in case Alec the 18 years reads this :). I swear we trick-or-treated until way older than Alec's age. In fact, weren't you pregnant with Alec and craving chocolate the last time we went? :)

Robyn said...

No, I believe I already had Alec, it was when you were pregnant with Cale, I just went with you in hopes someone was giving apples for you and chocolate for me! I never did understand why you only craved apples! Chocolate is so much better...hazelnut chocolate even better!

tristanjh said...

Any of your kids can come trick or treating to my door any time. Generally speaking, however, I prefer throwing pumpkins, real or otherwise, at the snotty kids. My problem isn't so much that they are trick or treating at 14 as much as that they are so greedy that they'll totally plow down my five year old in the hopes of scoring an extra candy bar. And so few kids of any age say thank you anymore.

bellamichella said...

We just had this conversation b/c I was handing out candy to older kids and thought "When do you make them stop?" I remebered going as a hooker my sophmore year. I felt really stupid and never went again. So do you let them feel that themselves? or tell them? I think 12 is a great cut off, but I went at 15. He'll stop when he feels too old, but that is just my opinion. He's not harming anyone. I think it's one of those calls you can make them make.

bellamichella said...

Oh yeah and Go Rydel. I love grease.I always had to be Danny as a kid b/c my hair was short. I could sing any of it especially a womp bommer nubaugh a womp bam boo.

Chad and Kelly said...

Seriously, everytime I look at that picture, your blonde hair is freaking me out. I agree with the others. As long as he is not obnoxious when he goes (like bringing 3 pillow cases, or coming to my house 4 times and changing masks) he should be able to go as long as he wants, which may end soon. At least he wants to go trick or treating and he is not asking to go to a big rage party, where the taps are flowing. Hang on to his childhood as long as you can.

pcoutdoorproducts said...

Great pictures. I love Halloween. I love to dress up, but I hate masks. I hate trunk or treating too. I want them to come to my home. I think that you should stop trick or treating when you enter high school because then you start going to dances and stuff like that.

Becky said...

If I remember right... the ones trick-or-treating at 16 actually WERE the ones smoking dope (while they munched on their bags of candy:))

Rick U. said...

I think that Alec should continue as long as he wants to, I really like seeing the little kids dress up but I don't have a problem with the older ones coming as long as they are dressed up as well. I had 4 adult neigbors come and trick my house I was very suprised to see them, but It was nice to meet them for the first time. that was their excuse they used to meet the neighbors and it worked. Go Alec...get as much as you can for as long as you can, but don't forget to share.
Roby that wigs freaks me out too, your mom use to wear one back in the day and you look just like her...but not just on Halloween