April 27, 2010

we pray for...

Last night Lukie said in his bedtime prayer,
"I'm thankful we could roast marshmallow's and crackers, and I'm thankful Savvy didn't get burned..."
Just so it's clear, we didn't roast crackers. Crackers were not part of the first campfire of the season. He probably meant to say COOKIES, and no, we didn't roast them either. But the roasted marshmallow's went lovely in between two cookies.
Except Luke hated them.
And Carter was terribly sick.
And Savvy was almost burned up by the popping log.
And we couldn't have our guests over because we didn't want them to get sick, and Savvy was so upset, until we had surprise guests show up (Mimi and Papa), then she forgave Carter.

Last night in MY prayer,
I was thankful for:
Luke's prayer,
Four Children,
A Husband and his handsome face,
A Home,
Birds who sing outside my window again,
A Fire-pit, and
The smell of campfire.
I prayed for:
Balance (un-balanced should be my middle name),
Carter to get better,
My leg to be healthy for 3 more weeks until I make it to Ogden,
To understand the BOM better than ever,
That I can remember things I seem to forget,
Dawn's baby will come soon and both will be healthy,
The Strength to make it through another 12 weeks of the 'Get Fit Challenge' with J.P., and
To be more Forgiving (of myself, and others).

6 comments:

Kevin and Jeni said...

I LOVE your posts :)

Shalise said...

What a great post. Thanks so much for sharing. You sure have some darling kids and I loved lukes prayer. Congrats to dawn and the new baby.

Natalie said...

Those are cheater smores and they are my favorite. Love your simple prayers esp the leg one. I don't know if you should have written it or said it out loud. You are on a roll lady. good luck.

Chad and Kelly said...

Oh! So cute! Abby had a broken heart too but when don't we disappoint them, really! As for your prayer. . . your balance issue makes you who you are and we love it! It allows you to be the fun, awesome mom that you are (never change) and forgetting, well, you have four kids and you are getting old:) but definitely FORGIVE, especially yourself! Only you see things that need fixing. We think you are perfectly ROBYN. Love ya.

Robyn said...

Jenny - Come back!

Shalise - Thank you! Next week Dawn's little Knox will be here, (I can't wait to smell him) I will tell her you said congrats.

Nat - I know, maybe I shouldn't have typed it, but I'm getting worried so I needed your prayers too!
Thanks lady!

Kelly -
I am always so thankful for your words. You have always been able to say JUST what I need when I need it. I have kept every card and note you have given me and don't think I am not going to print your comment and put it in my journal. Thank you from my heart.
I love you.
(and I miss your softball coaching butt!)

Corbie said...

Ask and ye shall receive...(I did and I got you :)