I know that I do not walk this walk alone. I know that there is someone who has felt all of my pain. Because of this Easter holiday, I celebrate the fact that because of him I have my life. I am reminded that when my strength is gone, I only have to ask for his. I am made strong through him. Today, and every day I am filled with hope. I know that Resurrection Sunday happened. I know he lives.
This talk is from last Sunday's General Conference. Elder Holland may have had the same impact on you as he did me.
We played a little game with the kids on Sunday so they would enjoy watching Conf. a little more. We had little bowls filled with treats. They were each behind a picture of a word they had to listen for. Prophet, Temple, Family, Faith etc. It was a great morning and the kids listened for the words, yelled when they heard one, and ate a lot of jelly beans! Even Lukie was paying attention...success!
Then this talk started. Something changed, and the kids just listened. We all did. There was a different feeling and when he mentioned one of our bowl words, the kids were still and silent. They didn't even notice because of the feeling that was in the room. It was reverent. Jeremy and I looked at each other and were amazed.
I hope you feel it too.
Happy Easter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I loved that talk too!!! That was an awesome post. How awesome as a mom to have those tender moments. It makes it all worth it.
Post a Comment