skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thank You!
I know that sometimes we forget to say thank you to the people we love. I am definitely guilty of expecting my kids to do everything I ask them just because they live in my house (which they should!). I often forget to say thanks when my husband makes sure the kitchen is clean and dishes done when I get home from work (oh ya, I got a job at The Buckle). One of the most important qualities I would like to pass on to my children is a grateful heart. I remember one of the greatest compliments I have ever received is when the kids dentist told me that he had not met more polite boys, and his assistant came out and said how they made sure to thank everyone. I hate going to the dentist so for them to be thankful for that horrible experience was a surprise to me! I can only hope that as they grow and have experiences away from me, they will continue to have a feeling of gratitude for everyone! And remember to say thank you without annoying old mom there to remind them! I thought this cool "thank you door" would be a great FHE. We put the paper up on the door and wrote a big Thank You at the top. Every time the kids felt thankful to someone they wrote it on the door! We loved what the kids came up with and we can look at the comments now and remember what happened that day. One of my favorites is Carter thanked me for buying his scout uniform because I forgot two weeks in a row and he couldn't believe I actually remembered his third week of scouts! All the people who helped with our fundraiser is thanked on our door so we can remember to be thankful to them always! Even Luke has some very special scribbles at the bottom. It's actually like a journal now. It was up for a long time and there wasn't a lot of room left, so I think we all just stopped writing on it. So today I put a clean "Thank You Door" up, and can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things we get to do for each other.
I have to thank Alec, Carter and Savvy for only complaining a little when you're asked to do your chores, and Jer, I love that the house smells like Pine Sol when I get home from work, thank you! I'll be better about telling you that!
3 comments:
That is such a awesome Idea. My kids and I could use some improvement in saying thank you, and being more grateful for all we have.
Alec did a wonderful job on Sunday with his talk! What lucky kids you have to have such a great Mom! Did you really get a job at the Buckle? Hope you get a great discount? That would be nice!
I LOVE the thank you chart and I love watching you come up with all of these great things that I can learn from and implement as my kids get older. (cuz we are SO much younger JK). Your family is a great example to me and my family. We love ya.
Post a Comment