December 19, 2008

definitely dance...

The Christmas season wouldn't be complete without a performance from our cute little Savvy. She only had one recital this season because she is taking a break from Ballet and Musical Theatre. She misses those classes but it sure is nice to have a break for a minute! This was Tuesday night and she did fabulous with her striped tights and suspenders on wrong because of her lame jock mom! No one told me to cross them in the back. Where were you Corbie?? We sure think she is just the cutest dang thing!

My goal is to one day be able to get her ready for ONE dance recital without making her cry and smear her make up. Know that she cries REALLY easy and it is almost impossible to get her to stop once she goes. I planned ahead, started getting her ready early so I wouldn't be yelling Hurry, Hurry! I made her eat long before we had to leave, so she wouldn't be hungry and cry. It all went down hill when I asked her to wash the ketchup off her face from dinner and then found her singing in the bathroom with soap suds on her forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. (She already had her make-up on). It was sordove automatic when I yelled "What are you doing?" She then had little spots from the soap on all those places and she started the lip quiver, and then it happened. She cried. And cried. And cried. And smeared her eyeliner. And got tear lines on her cheeks. And those red spots from crying on the sides of her eyes. I spent a good 10 minutes apologizing and hugging and yelling a little more...maybe. She did stop eventually and we were ok and made it only a few minutes late. We still love each other. Maybe next time I will be able to pull off the 'makeover with no tears'.

Nana and Papa came to watch her and Lauren dance along with Dawnie and Taygie. Thanks for coming and going to dinner afterward! I am so thankful Savvy has Taygin. They are sisters born as cousins. They have so much fun together just like their mom's! There is nothing like a sister for a best friend. My mom called the next day to tell us how much her and my dad loved spending time with us and the grandkids. My dad said that the best present he could ever get was that night, to just be together. I couldn't agree more Dad. Love you!



9 comments:

tristanjh said...

That was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Seriously.

And as child I cried at the drop of a hat, to the endless frustration of my mom. Hopefully she will grow out of it. Unfortunately, I did not :(

tawny said...

How do you do her hair so dang cute? Savy is gorgeous and you are gonna have to watch out for her and keep the boys away! :) She is a cutie pie...love the pics of your fam! You and Dawn are soo sisters!
I miss you girl, I feel like I haven't seen my sis forever! It's almost Christmas...our fav holiday, I am thinking of you!!

Corbie said...

Okay, I hate to even confirm this but, yes, I did know the suspender trick - it becomes old hat when you've performed in them a thousand times. That said, I have recently purchased the 'wrong' shin guards three times in a row and I have yet to get it right...where are you when I am at Garts?

Adorable pics and Tawny's right - the hair looks fabulous!

Denise said...

Oh my gosh! How adorable! And the HAIR! Honestly, I never knew there was a trick to the suspenders, but I like learning new things :)
I have to agree that you're going to have to watch out because she's going to have the boys falling all over her!

Marti Christensen said...

Are those her real eyelashes? Lock her up, she looks like her mama. That can only mean trouble. It's great to hear other people have the same kind of nights I do with Kortney. I feel your pain.

Natalie said...

She still turned out gorgeous. Some of my girls cry everytime too. Especially Abby. They love make-up, but not the real thing. Just wait for fake eyelashes. That's a real duzzy. For a jock mom she turned out adorable. I hope primary is going good.

Robyn said...

Tristan - I seriously agree with you! I am just glad you're coming with me next time to catch my mess ups!

Tawny - I am thinking of you always! Christmas reminds me of you! Believe it or not, that hair was one of the easier one's. I would teach but Ash probably won't let you do hers now, huh?

Corb - Shin Guards, suspenders, who the heck cares, right? I just think it's funny you still call it Garts, because I call Sports Authority that every single time and Alec acts like I'm an idiot!

Denise - She's got dad, me, and three brothers...those boys won't want anything to do with her. Hopefully.

Marti - Real eyelashes. No make-up until she's married! She's too shy to be trouble. Hopefully.
Will those kind of nights ever end?

Nat - Fake eyelashes??? Oh I know I won't be able to do those! I will call you for that one! Primary is overwhelming and fabulous! I have the best presidency, much to learn from them! Just like learning from you! xoxo

bellamichella said...

Savy looks cute! We hope you guys had a great Christmas. Are you enjoying the snow. I told Rick he better feel at home this Christmas with all this beautiful snow. Merry Christmas yesterday and a Happy New Year.

terrie said...

Girls, girls, girls! They come with tons of tears. It was cute to capture that sweet story of a mom dealing with the tears. You probably can't remember being like that. Right? We love your family!