August 29, 2008

oh sweet futbol...



So as did most of you, I loved the Olympics. Unlike, most of you I love women's soccer! I love futbol 'period'! This is why their beating Brazil for gold was my favorite highlight from Beijing. I know that during the Olympics we all love anything that the United States get gold in (hence all the new swimmers), so hopefully you are all lovers of women's soccer right now! Not only did I love watching the final nonstop action packed game, I loved watching the celebration the ladies had with each other and with their children. I usually cry when they show the losing team after a match in any huge game no matter the sport, however this time I only felt pure joy for my team and actually felt happiness in my heart when they showed Brazil crying laying on the field. I believe I have turned sure mean! Especially Marta from Brazil who had great shot after great shot but could not put one past Hope Solo, I didn't feel one bit sad! I have always been a defensive player, nothing feels better than a save in soccer or a blocked shot in basketball, so when my favorite player Christie Rampone (above picture #3 and below with baby on shoulders) kept saving goals along with Hope Solo (keeper) I was in heaven. Karli Lloyd saved the day when she scored the perfect goal in overtime, I just can't get over it! So do you think this is this why I had a dream that I played for the Olympic team???? I believe so. And my dreamed totally ruled...you should have seen it!


I can't even begin to imagine what they felt and will continue to feel for the rest of their lives. I remember the feeling when they played the National Anthem for us as we stood with our hands on our hearts before our State Championship game for our measly little high school from Sandy, UT. I was so proud to be a Beetdigger, and an American, and a soccer player and yet, I believe, compared to the Gold Medal game in China, mine was such a small, small game. I do know what it's like to be on a TEAM, working years everyday for months at a time, and I loved my team, and when I watch amazing teams like that work together through overtime to get a victory, my heart smiles. I say that this US Women's Soccer Team is one to be admired and loved for years to come. Good Job USA!!!!

Is there a better picture? Soccer Mom's Rule!
I heart #3!

So now I have to give props to my own USA (Utah Soccer Alliance) soccer player, Carter Johnson. While I was in Las Vegas his team, The Rebels, took second place in the Park City Tournament. A couple of weeks ago they also brought home the silver in the Addidas Cup. So close to the Gold...I know it's coming!

Just a few weeks ago Carter's team also had a private camp with a coach from REAL Salt Lake, BJ Johnson. On Friday of the week long camp they got a special visit from Captain Kyle Beckerman and Javier Morales. They talked with the boys for a while then signed autographs, took pictures and had a shoot-out with the boys. They we were so nice to come spend the time with our boys and oh ya, I got a shot with them as well! We are headed off to the REAL game right now, so cheers to all you futbol fans out there! And just as important, a special cheers to all you BYU Football fans, tomorrow my friends, tomorrow!


Carter Who?

3 comments:

Corbie said...

Well, my soccer playing friend, I have no doubt that you could have been an olympian...and not a dream, a total reality.

I love that you and I keep running into each other at all these soccer tournaments (as in, I was standing right there when that picture was taken for Carter's medal ceremony!). Because, in my dream, you and I get to spend time together being soccer moms and we have 7 of the best kids around and little by little, one by one, they learn how to win with humility and lose with grace and how to be part of a team and how to respect their coaches and how to think about something larger than themselves. The beauty? It seems to have become our reality!

Love your guts. And you look hot sandwiched between those two men - you make them look good!

pcoutdoorproducts said...

Robyn,
I love looking at your blog. I can tell you spend a lot of time on it. Thanks it helps Pat and I keep tabs on what your doing.
Pat and Cindy

tawny said...

Hey sister, i love the last pic with the hot, soccer boys..they wish!! i love this blog b/c only someone like you who truly understands the love of a sport and the passion of competition can write that...well done, love it! Hey thanks for the other night, love the shirt and the card..means a lot. K i am off to the beach, i will be thinking of you, when i get back we are going out ASAP!! Luv ya sis, Tawny